Flu Clinics 2020
The guidance regarding influenza (flu) vaccinations has changed and in addition new social distancing measures will mean that out clinics will be run differently this year. The key changes will be:-
- The Flu Clinics will initially be spread over 5 Saturdays in September/October.. You MUST book an appointments (no slot - no shot) and arrive on time for your booked appointment. Appointments will be available for booking from Monday 7th September 2020.
2. The first clinic available for booking will be the Children aged 2-3 on Saturday 19th September. Please contact the surgery reception to book your child's appointment when you have received the text message from us
- You will be marked as arrived at the front door. Please ensure your arm is ready for the vaccination and Face Coverings MUST also be worn.
- The vaccination is free and recommended yearly for those who are most at risk of contracting influenza. This includes:
- Children aged 2-10 years old*
- Pregnant women
- Anyone who suffers from a long-term medical condition
- Everyone aged 65 and over
- People who act as carers or work in health and social care
- Close contacts of immune-compromised individuals
- Those in long-stay residential care homes
If there is someone you rely on as your carer, please ask them to contact their own surgery as they may be eligible for a free flu vaccination too. Thank you.
It is vital that you DO NOT attend for vaccination if you or a member of your household currently has symptoms of COVID-19 or if you are self-isolating due to contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19.
*Pre-school children aged 2-3 years will be vaccinated at their general practice. Children aged 4-10 years will normally be vaccinated at school.
Published: Aug 17, 2020