Flu Clinics 2020
The guidance regarding influenza (flu) vaccinations has changed and in addition new social distancing measures will mean that out clinics will be run differently this year. The key changes will be:-
- The Flu Clinics will initially be spread over 5 Saturdays in September/October.. You MUST book an appointments (no slot - no shot) and arrive on time for your booked appointment. Appointments will be available for booking from Monday 7th September 2020.
2. Please note that if you are aged between 50 and 64 and are not in a clinical at risk group, the earliest you will be offered a flu vaccination is November. This is to ensure that those who are most at risk are vaccinated first. Thank you in advance for your patience, understanding and cooperation. If you are aged 50 to 64 and are in a clinical at risk group which is eligible for the flu vaccination, for example you have a health condition which puts you at risk from the flu, you will be invited earlier. Please contact your GP practice for more information
- You will be marked as arrived at the front door. Please ensure your arm is ready for the vaccination and Face Coverings MUST also be worn.
- The vaccination is free and recommended yearly for those who are most at risk of contracting influenza. This includes:
- Children aged 2-10 years old*
- Pregnant women
- Anyone who suffers from a long-term medical condition
- Everyone aged 65 and over
- People who act as carers or work in health and social care
- Close contacts of immune-compromised individuals
- Those in long-stay residential care homes
If there is someone you rely on as your carer, please ask them to contact their own surgery as they may be eligible for a free flu vaccination too. Thank you.
It is vital that you DO NOT attend for vaccination if you or a member of your household currently has symptoms of COVID-19 or if you are self-isolating due to contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19.
*Pre-school children aged 2-3 years will be vaccinated at their general practice. Children aged 4-10 years will normally be vaccinated at school.
Published: Aug 17, 2020