We are open as normal
There has been a lot of publicity recently stating that GP Surgeries are closed. Please be assured that Alma Medical Centre is open for all of our patients.
- General practice is still open, but due to the coronavirus outbreak, how you contact your GP surgery will be different at the moment.
- Face-to-face appointments are available to all patients where there is a clinical need. You will be asked to first discuss your conditions over the phone or online with a member of the healthcare team to assess what would be most appropriate for you and which practice member would best provide it.
- Most GP practices are also offering online consultations and video consultations, as well as telephone consultations. These can be convenient and flexible ways to receive healthcare. Where patients need to be seen by a health professional face-to-face, this will be arranged. If you have a preference about how to access care you can discuss it with your practice.
- Your NHS services have a range of measures in place to keep you safe from COVID-19 including regular cleaning of patient areas and social distancing. Please ensure you wear a face covering to your appointment
- The NHS is vaccinating those people who experts have agreed will benefit from it the most. A vaccination programme of this size and scale will still take some time to roll out in full.
- Please be assured that everyone who needs the vaccine will be offered it. The NHS will be in touch with you when it is your turn to be vaccinated. Please don’t call us before you are invited. In the meantime, you can get information about the COVID-19 Vaccination online at www.nhs.uk/covidvaccination .
- Please be polite and respectful, your GP and practice team are available and working hard to support you, your family and friends health and care needs.
- Visit the local pharmacy for clinical advice on minor health concerns
- For urgent issues or out of hours, you can also call the NHS on 111 or go online to seek NHS advice 111.nhs.uk
- Download the NHS App to order repeat prescriptions and get health advice.
Published: May 14, 2021